You get individualized time and attention!
Structure: All programs are facilitated by therapist and are individualized to meet each parent’s unique needs. Sessions are typically conducted individually. Each session last approximately 50 minutes and includes both individual guidance as well as education.
Therapeutic and Education Orientation: My experience has afforded me opportunities to work with all ages of children, in a multitude of situations as well as attend a wide variety of parent education & training. As a result, I utilize an eclectic approach that is strongly influenced by attachment based parenting, Love and Logic or choice theory; basic understanding of how your experiences influence your parenting and the importance of age appropriate expectations. I have been certified as a parent educator in Love and Logic, Parenting From the Inside Out, Circle of Security, attachment based parenting, and the STEP parenting program.
Examples of Parent Education & Support Topics
- Better understanding of developmental needs and expectations - such as parenting a newborn with special needs or parenting a teen
- Parenting in separate households/ Parenting through divorce
- How to better read cues of trauma and stress in my child
- Understanding grief and loss in children
- More effective and appropriate discipline strategies
- Parenting in a blended family
- Parenting a child while in treatment
- Parenting a child while in recovery - without being laden with guilt
- Effect ways to help my child deescalate and better self-regulate
- Reducing power struggles, conflicts, and arguments
- Unique joys and challenges of parenting tween and adolescent girls
- Advocacy with school based interventions, accommodations, and other related issues
Cost: Parent education session can be priced by individual session or as a package. Please see cost page for more information